Tune in for the first cycle of Theo is America's Next Top Model, which follows an ambitious aging stuffed bear as he tries to prove he has what it takes to make it in the high-stress, high-stakes world of modeling.

Friday, August 11, 2006

We Dare the Other Contestants to Try This

Very few, if any, contestants on can pull off this tricky pose. We have no doubt that some of contestants are thin enough to fit in the overhead compartment, but the 5’7” height requirement makes it nearly impossible to for any of them fit into a carry-on suitcase in the overhead compartment. Touché. The producers should have thought about that when they made their silly height requirement.

The other special element of those photo op is the complex blend of emotions that Theo manages to portray at one time:

  • Sweet innocence (“I am a just a little stuffed bear peeking out of a suitcase in the overhead compartment of first class.”)

  • Vulnerability (“Help! I’m in a suitcase in the overhead compartment!”),

  • Joy at his good fortune (“I’m going on a trip in first class, even if it does mean in a suitcase in the overhead compartment of first class.”),

  • Hubris (“See what a dangerous stuffed bear I am? I am so dangerous that they must keep me trapped in a suitcase in an overhead compartment in first class lest I scare the other passengers with my handsome looks.”),

  • Seething anger (“What the fuck am I doing in a suitcase in an overhead compartment in first class?!?! I am better than this! I am America’s Next Top Model! Get me down right now, you bitch!”), and finally

  • Resignation at the situation (“While I may be America’s Next Top Model, I am still a mere stuffed bear. Sigh.”).

Can you imagine such modeling skills coming from the show?!? Theo is genius!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home